Young Drivers Insurance Claims
We offer a Full Claims Advice and handling Service, and are here to help you every step of the way. We will also help you get the best possible settlement if you do. With First Ireland you are also not alone in the event of making a claim against a third party – we have a specialist service to help you right through to claim settlement, including recovery of your uninsured losses.
What to do in the event of an accident
- Make sure no one is injured. If you have any doubts ring the emergency services.
- Get the registration numbers of the other vehicle(s) involved.
- Get the insurance details (insurer and policy number) from their insurance disc(s).
- Get the phone numbers of the other people involved.
- Contact details and insurance information of anyone else involved.
- Contact details of any witnesses or Gardai (or other police if abroad).
- If possible, try to take some photos of the scene using your mobile phone (from a safe place).
- Ring us and report the claim as soon as possible.
- Don't admit liability, even if you think the accident is your fault.
- Don't move your vehicle until it is safe to do so.
- www.accidentsketch.com to help with accidents.
What to do in the event of theft
- Contact your local Garda Station immediately to report the theft.
- Ask the Gardai for their case Reference number, contact person and contact details (if they don’t have it yet, they will post it out to you).
- Ring us and report the theft as soon as possible, and will we take it from there.
- Call us to check your approved repairer for windscreen damage